2nd Shift --Pay $12.00 + .50 cents shift differential
Education- VP of HR confirmed HS Diploma/GED is NOT required for this site. Education check will not be required.
Responsible for sewing, or assembly and inspect the product
Summary of essential job functions
• Duties include, sewing operations such as sewing, serging, binding, sealing assembly and other similar operations
• Perform the function of sewing or assembling fabric or hardware in a safe and efficient manner
• Prepares machine by changing needles and thread, oiling and changing bobbin, and securing attachments
• Sews materials together by guiding material under machine needle
• Perform the various hand tasks necessary to sew products including turning the material to hem, join pieces, and repairing defective products
• Perform counting and inspecting of the product during the sewing process
• Meet or exceed monthly productivity goals for the position as well as contribute significantly to department goals
• Maintain work areas and tooling in neat and orderly condition, has an understanding of the 5S concepts
• Maintain all required records
• Perform other duties as required or assigned
Minimum skills requirements to perform the position
• Sewing experience – Must pass the pre-employment screen test and have basic sewing skills
• Knowledge of the sewing process and ability to visually inspect a garment and identify defect that the sewer / assembler could have made.
• Ability and willingness to work with other teammates to produce a quality finished product and maintain effective working relationships
• Ability to work overtime and Saturdays as requested
• Willingness to adapt to evolving job responsibilities and expand scope of experience as the company grows.
• Communicate effectively
• Ability to perform repetitive sewing of parts that require hand dexterity and concentration on an hourly, daily (8-10 hour shift), weekly, and monthly basis
• Demonstrates the ability to repeat a sewing process as instructed by a trainer or supervisor.
• Ability to lift at least 15 pounds